If you want to get your house sold faster than you might even think possible, then staging your home during the open house could be the secret you have been waiting on. Pay attention and apply the following tips brought to you by the Charleston Real Estate Professionals at Premier One, and you will attract buyers that feel they must close the deal before this house slips away. Visit them because they are South Carolina one place for finding luxury real estate
1. Remove any pictures around the house of your family and replace with neutral art pieces.
2. Have a professional cleaning service clean the flooring, upholstery, curtains, tiles, and windows. A clean house will sell much faster.
3. Rent a storage unit and get the majority of your clutter up and out of the house to create more living space.
4. Power wash the driveway, siding, sidewalks, decks, roof, and garage door. Curb appeal is everything when it comes to attracting buyers.
5. Make sure something like an apple pie or cookies are cooking in the oven during the open house. This creates that home feeling.
6. Turn the lights on in every room, attic, basement, and even the garage.
7. Hire a landscaping company to trim bushes, cut the grass, trim trees, plant flowers, and place some fresh mulch around trees on the property.
8. Get everything in the garage up and off the floor so buyers can imagine their vehicles easily fitting in their without issue.
9. Hire a pest control company to treat the interior and exterior so there are no unexpected pests spotted inside the house during the open house.
10. Leave the house, this means all the family including pets need to be long gone so buyers are completely at ease in your house.
11. Have some soft music playing in the background t drown out any noises like dogs barking or kids playing in the houses nearby.
12. Make sure your realtor places plenty of signs around heavy traffic roads to draw in some traffic during the open house.
13. Announce that there will be an open house on as many social media platforms tat you have accounts with the day of the event.
14. Trust your realtor and allow them to do what they do best during the open house. leave and don’t come back until it is over.
These 14 tips for having a successful open house will ensure your audience has the best chance to see themselves living there. Don’t try to showcase what you think is the best parts of your home because each buyer has their own ideas of that they like about your home.